Are you wondering what to eat alongside a refreshing glass (or more!) of Isabel’s Cuvée Grenache Rosé? Do you even need an excuse to open up that new Spring Release bottle? These smokey and spicy kebabs pair perfectly with our lip-smacking delicious Rosé! The superfast, supertasty marinade for the shrimp, flavored with caraway seeds and ancho powder, would also be delicious with chicken, pork tenderloin and any kind of steak. True to her North Carolina roots, Tracey likes to grill these up and then serve them over cheese grits.
- 2 large garlic cloves, thickly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons pure chile powder, such as ancho
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 small chorizo (about 1/2 pound total), sliced 1/2 inch thick
How to Make It
- On a cutting board, using the flat side of a chef’s knife, mash the garlic and salt to a coarse paste. Add the caraway seeds and finely chop them. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the chile powder and olive oil. Add the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Add the chorizo and cook over high heat for 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry. Let cool slightly.
- Tuck a chorizo slice in the crook of a shrimp and thread onto a skewer; the shrimp should be attached at both ends. Push it to the end of the skewer and repeat with 2 more shrimp and chorizo slices. Using more skewers, repeat with the remaining shrimp and chorizo.
- Grill the kebabs over a hot fire, turning once or twice, until charred and the shrimp are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately, preferably over cheese grits! Pair with our Isabel’s Cuvée Grenache Rosé for the perfect meal.