LIB: 2010 Broken Leg Vineyard Pinot Noir

2010 Broken Leg Pinot Noir

From a vineyard perched on a steep hilltop in the Anderson Valley, this Pinot is our labor of love

Anderson Valley

Purchase

750 mL $60

HEADS UP! Summer Release wines will ship on May 10th!
If you live in a hot state and want to Fast-Track your order to ship on May 4th contact Ilana.

CASE DISCOUNTS FOR 12+ BOTTLES
10% case discounts apply or become a MEMBER for even better discounts and VIP treatment! If your case includes any packs, the discount will be applied after purchase.

REDUCED SHIPPING FOR EACH CASE 
We offer flat rate ground shipping for each 12 bottle case.  $24 anywhere in California & $36 everywhere else.

 

We have long been teased that our Syrah more closely resembles Pinot than many Pinots these days. So, when Steve Williams at Broken Leg offered to graft his Viognier block to Pinot for us we could not resist the temptation to try our hand. We sorted and de-stemmed 65%, leaving 35% whole cluster. All into our open top wood vats. From there we added nothing, allowing the wild yeast to start fermentation naturally, in this case, 4 days later. We punched down by hand 2-3x/day and pressed after a 12 day maceration or once the wine was dry and cap was ready. 50/50 1yr and neutral FO barrels for aging. The wine stayed sur lie until we racked to tank for bottling in mid July. The wine was bottled with fining or filtration on August 2, 2011.

On the nose cherry, spice and forest floor dance out of the glass and tickle the olfactory. The mouth is equally nimble as darker fruit flavors laced with more spice skip across the palate until the silky and lingering finish which promises great things for those who wait. This is a light bodied, feminine wine that illustrates the beauty of Anderson Valley Pinot Noir.

BERKELEY TASTING ROOM:

Regular Hours: Seated Tastings Tuesday – Sunday 11am-5pm & every Friday until 7p

First Friday’s: TGIF Block Parties with live music, food pop ups & a closed street!

Next Release Party: Sat 5/21, 1-5p for the Summer Release including Lily’s Pet Nat!

 

WINE SHOP:
Bottle purchases & pick up orders, 7 days a week 11am – 5pm

Need help deciding or looking for an older wine? No problem! Contact us at dgorders@donkeyandgoat.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174.