2013 Sluice Box
Blend of Vermentino, Marssanne, Grenache Blanc, & Picpoul
Our white Rhône style blend where we let the vintage inspire our final blend. In 2013 50% of the blend was skin fermented, 50% whole cluster pressed. From a varietal perspective, the Marsanne and Vermentino had portions made on the skins, Picpoul and Grenache Blanc were exclusively whole cluster pressed. This is a white wine with a red’s backbone that has the stuffing for the fall and winter table. Pairs well with pork tacos, spicy vegetarian fare and whipped Brandade.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyards: Fenaughty, Swansboro
- Varietals: Marsanne, Grenache Blanc, Vermentino & Picpoul
- Clones: Tablas Creek
- Age: 14/6/6/6 years
- Elevation: 2800 feet
- Soil: Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut loam
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: August 27- September 5, 2013
- Pressed: Sept. 14, 18 & 25 2012
- Blend: 31%M/48%V/13%GB/9%P
- Fermentation: Neutral FO & wood vat
- Barrel aging: 9 months
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 23, 2014
- Production: 311 cases
- Release date: Fall 2014
Reminiscent of stones warmed by the bright sun on a cold day in the Northern Rhone, this wine combines dried white flowers and citrus rind aromas with a balanced, yet taut body composed of minerality and fleshy weight from the skin contact.
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.