2013 Stone Crusher Roussanne
We love this wine for its incredible versatility at the table. With chewy tannin and surprising structure it pairs with chicken curry, Indian and Vietnamese cuisine, and more.
We started making our orange wine in 2009 after realizing the skins helped our natural fermentation finish and 5 years later this wine consistently spends 14-16 days on the skins in a 4 ton open top wood vat before we press to neutral French oak barrels for the remainder. We love this wine for its incredible versatility at the table. With chewy tannin and surprising structure it pairs with chicken curry, Indian and Vietnamese cuisine, winter vegetables and decadent seafood like lobster and scallops.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Elen Ridge
- Varietal: Roussanne
- Clone: Tablas Creek
- Age: 15 years
- Elevation: 2400 feet
- Soil: Fine-grained loam, acidic residuum weathered from igneous rock (granite)
- Yield: 2.5 tons/acre
- Harvested: August 29, 2013
- Pressed: September 11, 2013
- Blend: 100% skin ferment Roussanne
- Fermentation: 14 days in open top wood vat
- Barrel aging: 10 months - 60% neutral French Oak barrels 40% German Oak oval
- Bottled: Unfiltered on July 29, 2014
- Production: 365 cases
- Release date: Fall 2014
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.