2013 Five Thirteen
Blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault & Counoise
While living in France the wines of Châteuneuf-du-Pape ignited our love of Rhône wines in general and CdP in particular. These wines strike the unusual balance of being gratifying early but also boasting age worthy potential. Plus their friendliness with food and array of depth and concentration in flavor, texture and aroma lends them to entertain the senses and mind. We have made our Thirteen Series with all of that driving our direction. In CdP the wines have up to thirteen grapes blended together. In ours, we have blended five: Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Counoise & Cinsault.
Vinous Review, October 2016
Limpid ruby. Vibrant, sharply focused red berry, floral and Asian spice scents show excellent clarity and pick up a bright mineral element with aeration. Nervy and lithe, offering intense raspberry and blood orange flavors that deepen and become sweeter while maintaining vivacity. Silky tannins provide frame and gentle grip to the finish, which hangs on with strong, minerality tenacity. 92 points. Josh Raynolds
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyards: Fenaughty, Lightner, Neighbors & Swansboro
- Varietals: Syrah, Mourvèdre, Grenache, Counoise & Cinsault
- Harvested: August 31- Sept 26, 2013
- Blend: 40% Grenache, 18% Syrah, 18% Mourvèdre, 14% Cinsault & 10% Counoise
- Fermentation: Wild yeast in neutral oak vats
- Bottled: Unfiltered on July 29, 2014
- Production: 782 cases
- Release date: Winter 2014-2015
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.