2012 Syrah, Perli Vineyards
10% case discounts apply or become a MEMBER for even better discounts and VIP treatment!
SAFE SHIPPING TIP: We strongly prefer a business address where an adult is available to sign on the first delivery attempt which avoids our unfiltered wines riding around on a hot truck all day.
These Syrah vines grow on a hilltop in the remote Mendocino Ridge where the vineyards are only a few miles from the Pacific, among the majestic Redwoods and wildlife. Of our three vineyard designate Syrahs, Perli is the most voluptuous as the vines sit above the fog line. But make no mistake, this is still a textbook Donkey & Goat with tension and subtlety and above all else, food friendly!
- Appellation: Mendocino Ridge
- Vineyard: Perli
- Varietal: Syrah
- Clone: 174 & 877
- Age: 8 years
- Elevation: 1350 feet
- Soil: Clay loam over sandstone bedrock
- Yield: 2-2.5 tons/acre
- Harvested: October 6, 2012
- Pressed: October 27, 2012
- Blend: 98.5% Syrah (45% WC) +1.5% Viognier
- Maceration: 21 days in open top wood vats
- Barrel aging: 15 months in 1-3 yr FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on February 18, 2014
- Production: 184 cases
- Release date: Winter 2014-2015
Bottle purchases & pick up orders, 7 days a week 10a – 5p
SIDEWALK SERVICE: Drop in for flights, glasses & bottles Thursday – Sunday, 11am – 5pm
FRIDAY SUNDOWNERS: Drop in every Friday, 3p-7p
THE BACKYARD: Reservations are strongly recommended, Saturday & Sunday, 12pm – 5pm
Need help deciding or looking for an older wine? No problem! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174.