2014 Grenache Rosé
Our much anticipated pink wine made from 100+ year old Grenache Gris vines. This year we made 50% like a white wine (whole cluster press to neutral French Oak barrels) and 50% was de-stemmed and left to soak on the skins for 24 hours in an open top wood vat before pressing and then on to neutral barrels. Spontaneous fermentation occurred in barrel followed by naturally occurring malolactic fermentation. We bottled unfined and unfiltered on February 23, 2015.
- Appellation: Mendocino
- Vineyard: Gibson Ranch, McDowell Valley
- Varietal: Field blend of Grenache Gris
- Clone: Unknown
- Age: 99+ years
- Elevation: 950 feet
- Soil: Talmage gravelly sand loam
- Yield: <1 tons/acre
- Harvested: September 3, 2014
- Pressed: September 3 - 4, 2013
- Blend: Field Blend with mostly Grenache Gris
- Fermentations: wild yeast & bacteria in neutral French Oak barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on February 23, 2015
- Production: 346 cases
- Release date: Spring 2015
Strawberry, tangerine and melon excite the senses for what follows. A moment to ponder reveals floral and earthy aromas. On the palate juicy berry flavors please while the tannins and acidity prove this is a real wine that compliments nearly everything on the spring and summer table.
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.