2014 Grenache Blanc
We continue to let the vintage drive the making of this wine. In 2014 we have again included some skin contact, but just a touch. Of 10 barrels we have 2 that spent 8 days on their skins. One each of Grenache Blanc and Vermentino! This is a mineral driven and zippy Grenache Blanc ready for summer picnics and lazy days at the beach!
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Fenaughty & Swansboro
- Varietal: Grenache Blanc
- Clone: Mostly Tablas Creek
- Age: 7 years
- Elevation: 2,800 feet
- Soil: Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut loam
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: Aug 29, 2013
- Pressed: Aug 30, 2013
- Blend: 90% Grenache Blanc, 10% Vermentino
- Fermentation: Wild yeast, neutral oak w/ 20% on skins for 8 days
- Barrel aging: 8 months in neutral French Oak barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 5, 2015
- Production: 245 cases
- Release date: Summer 2015
Aromas of nectarine, orange pith and floral notes with spicy herbal nucances. This medium bodied white wine is lively and juicy on the palate with notes of honey, almond/marzipan and Japanese pear.
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.