2014 Ramato Pinot Gris
Up to 5 days of skin contact with biodynamically farmed fruit, this Ramato style Pinot Gris is not exactly Rosé but is delicious.
Tracey has long wanted to try skin contact Pinot Gris made in concrete. In 2014 the stars aligned with new concrete vats and discovering the biodynamic Filigreen Farm. Up to 5 days of skin contact with 33% coming off after day 2 & 4 this Ramato style Pinot Gris is not exactly Rosé but is delicious.
- Appellation: Anderson Valley
- Vineyard: Filigreen Farm
- Varietal: Pinot Gris
- Clone: 4 & 152 on 5BB
- Age: 13 years
- Elevation: 400 feet
- Soil: Alluvial with gravel & clay loam
- Yield: 2.5-3 tons/acre
- Harvested: September 10, 2014
- Crushed: September 11, 2014
- Pressed: September 16, 2014
- Blend: 100% Pinot Gris
- Maceration: up to 5 days in concrete
- Barrel aging: 7 months neutral French Oak barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 5, 2015
- Production: 223 cases
- Release date: Summer 2015
This copper hued and fleshy “pink” wine presents with sour cherry, leather, bergamot and dried cranberry notes. Textured and medium body with juicy acidity and a slight spritz.
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.