2014 Mourvèdre Rosé
A one-time only production, this 1 LITER bottle of Mourvèdre Rose is what would have been our 2014 The Prospector but in 2014 we made it in pink! The King Fire in El Dorado put red wine making at risk so deciding against the gamble we finally made Rosé from Mourvèdre and are really pleased we did!
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyards: Lightner & Neighbors
- Varietals: Mourvèdre
- Clone: Tablas Creek
- Age: 13yrs/8yrs
- Elevation: 2900 feet/2800 feet
- Soil: Loam (85% Sites, 7% Josephine, 4% Boomer, 4% Mariposa), Loam (92% Aiken, 8% Cohasset)
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: Sept. 19, 2014
- Pressed: Sept. 20, 2014
- Blend: 100% Mourvèdre
- Fermentation: Wild yeast, in Stainless to start and finished in a neutral wood tank
- Aging: 4.5 months in neutral French Oak Tank
- Bottled: Unfiltered on Feb 25, 2015
- Production: 346 cases
- Release date: Summer 2015
A light and very cloudy salmon hue Rosé boasting sour tangerine notes that leap out of the glass. Slight musky notes laced with spice illustrate the character of this varietal. This is a generous Rosé that will deliver thirst quenching pleasure for the beach and picnic days ahead!
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.