2014 Grenache Noir
We attempt to craft a Grenache (Noir as opposed to our Blanc & Gris) that highlights the varietal's charm and potential which means ours is a mineral driven, light bodied red that dances across the palette, loves food and in warmer climates can be served chilled and be equally pleasing. Our is a blend from the Fenaughty, & Swansboro vineyards both in loamy soils of Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Fenaughty & Swansboro
- Varietal: Grenache
- Clone: Mostly Tablas Creek
- Age: 6 to 14 years
- Elevation: 2,600 to 3,200 feet
- Soil: Decomposed granite, red clay and loam
- Yield: 2-3 tons/acre
- Harvested: September 4th & 11th, 2014
- Pressed: September 16 & 24, 2014
- Blend: 100% Grenache w/ 25% Whole cluster
- Maceration: Wild yeast, wood vat, 12-16 days
- Barrel aging: 9 months in neutral FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on July 28, 2014
- Production: 165 cases
- Release date: Fall 2015
Deep, bright red color with earthy and meaty notes laced with spice and red and dark berries. A lush texture with an array of juicy red fruit flavors with a minerality that adds vibrancy and helps to extend the focused finish.
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.