2014 Pinot Noir
The Helluva Vineyard is just west of Boonville in the Anderson Valley in soils of Casabonne, Wohly and Cole loam/clay with some fractured rock. This is our fifth year making this light bodied and nervy Pinot that entices the olfactory with crushed red fruit notes, especially cherry, laced with spice and earth and surprising texture resulting from nearly 40% whole cluster.
- Appellation: Anderson Valley
- Vineyard: Helluva
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Clone: Pommard 5
- Age: Planted 1997
- Elevation: 385 feet
- Soil: Casabonne, Wohly and Cole loam/clay with some fractured rock
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: September 8, 2014
- Pressed: September 18, 2014
- Blend: 100% Pinot Noir with 41% Whole Cluster
- Maceration: 10 days in open top wood vat
- Barrel aging: 8 months in 1-3 yr French Oak barrels, 2 months in French Oak tank
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 5, 2015
- Production: 387 cases
- Release date: Fall 2015
Rural Anderson Valley speaks of cool evenings, warm fires and cherries. Helluva Pinot does as well. Bing and black cherries combine with spice box, earthy ash and dust. On the palate the wine dances with acidity, cranberries and tart strawberries.
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.