2014 Sluice Box
Blend of Vermentino, Marssanne, Grenache Blanc, & Picpoul
With Sluice Box (a reference to El Dorado's gold rush history) we endeavor to create a lively, nuanced and balanced blend that illustrates why we love Rhone varietals. In 2014 we expanded to include Roussanne with the Vermentino, Marsanne, Grenache Blanc and Picpoul. Again we have a touch of skin contact with the Marsanne, Grenache Blanc and Vermentino (43% of blend) that creates a white wine with a red’s structure and lovely texture.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyards: Fenaughty, Barsotti
- Varietals: Marsanne, Grenache Blanc, Vermentino, Picpoul & Roussanne
- Clones: Tablas Creek
- Age: up to 14 years
- Elevation: 2800 feet
- Soil: Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut loam
- Yield: 2-3 tons/acre
- Harvested: Sept. 3 – Sept 22. 2015
- Pressed: Sept. 14, 18 & 25 2012
- Blend: 29% Vermentino, 20% Picpoul, 20% Grenache
- Blanc, 17% Marsanne & 14% Roussanne
- Fermentation: Neutral FO & wood vat
- Barrel aging: 7 months
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 5, 2015
- Production: 467 cases
- Release date: Fall 2015
Reminiscent of stones warmed by the bright sun on a cold day in the Northern Rhone, this wine combines dried white flowers and citrus rind aromas with a balanced, yet taut body composed of minerality and fleshy weight from the skin contact.
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.