2014 Five Thirteen
Blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre, Cinsault & Counoise grown in the granitic solis of the Sierra Foothills
This wine is a blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre, Counoise & Cinsault inspired by the wines of Châteuneuf-du-Pape (CdP) in France which strike the unusual balance of being gratifying early but also boasting age worthy potential.
Vinous Review, October 2016
Limpid ruby-red. Lively aromas of red fruit liqueur, Asian spices, potpourri and smoky minerals pick up a subtle touch of game with air. Juicy, penetrating and sweet, offering lively black raspberry, cherry and candied lavender flavors and a touch of black cardamom. Zesty acidity adds definition and cut to the gently tannic finish, which lingers with excellent tenacity and a repeating, insistent floral note.92 points. Josh Raynolds
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyards: Fenaughty, Lightner, Neighbors, Swansboro & Girard
- Varietals: Syrah, Mourvèdre, Grenache, Counoise & Cinsault
- Harvested: August 29- Sept 19, 2014
- Blend: 44% Grenache, 22% Syrah, 21% Mourvèdre, 4% Cinsault & 8% Counoise
- Fermentation: Wild yeast in neutral oak vats
- Bottled: Unfiltered on July 28, 2015
- Production: 647 cases
- Release date: February 2016
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.