2014 Broken Leg Vineyard Pinot Noir
Tracey's last vintage making this gorgeous Pinot Noir perched on the side of a mountain.
Steve Williams was the first to plant Syrah in the Valley and the first to convince us to make Pinot. Tracey chased down Steve in 2004 in their search for cool climate Syrah. In 2007 Steve and Tracey got together and grafted a 1.5 acre block of Viognier to Pinot Noir. The block is perched on a hilltop boasting a 30% slope! The view is stunning and the work is back breaking.
Smells like a strawberry field in the middle of it’s season. Fresh greenery, juicy berries, and wet soil. A light florality on the nose as well: lavender and lilacs. The taste similarly follows the nose with juicy flavors of raspberries, cherries and an earth driven but soft palette that has retained it’s acidity well and will prove to be a very ageable wine.
- Appellation: Anderson Valley
- Vineyard: Broken Leg
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Age: Planted 1981, grafted to Pinot Noir 2009
- Elevation: 650 ft.
- Soil: Decomposed sandstone & loamy clay
- Harvested: Aug 28, 2014
- Pressed: Sep 11, 2014
- Fermentations: Wild yeasts & bacteria in French oak barrels
- Maceration: 14 days in open top Taransaud Oak Tank with 35% whole cluster
- Barrel aging: 17 months in neutral French oak
- Bottled: February 6, 2016
- Production: 72 cases
- Release date: Summer 2017
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.