2015 Grenache Noir
Light-bodied red, perfect for roasted vegetables and warming soups.
We craft our Grenache to highlight the varietal's charm and potential which means ours is a mineral driven, lighter bodied red that dances across the palette. This expressive wine loves being treated to a nice meal and in warmer climates, can be served chilled and be equally pleasing as it quenches your thirst. This Grenache Noir is a blend from the Fenaughty, Lightner & Girard vineyards in loamy soils of Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut.
Vinous Review, October 2016
Bright, slightly hazy red. Vibrant cherry and pomegranate aromas are complemented by hints of white pepper and a hint of orange zest. Bitter cherry and red berry flavors display very good energy and a silky texture, and the white pepper note repeats strongly. Spicy, focused and lively on the persistent finish, which features subtle tannins and a touch of blood orange.90 points. Josh Raynolds
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Fenaughty & Swansboro
- Varietal: Grenache
- Clone: Mostly Tablas Creek
- Age: Planted in 2000
- Elevation: 2,600 to 3,200 feet
- Soil: Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut loam
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: August 25 & September 4 2015
- Pressed: September 3 & 15, 2015
- Blend: 93% Grenache + 7% Pinot Gris
- Maceration: Wild yeast, wood vat, 12-13 days
- Barrel aging: 9 months in neutral FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 5, 2016
- Production: 336 cases
- Release date: Summer 2016
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.