2015 Pinache (pee-nosh)
Tracey blended her Pinot with Jared's Grenache!
Burgundy meets the Southern Rhône with our Pinache, a blend of Filigreen Pinot Noir and Lakeridge Grenache. We were not the first to consider such a heretical union and surely will not be the last. This rebellious attitude inspires us every day to take a leap away from the ordinary, and this Pinot Noir and Grenache blend is no exception to this rule. This inaugural vintage will excite you with its zingy attitude and light body, perfect for the spring and summer table.
This light bodied, expressive blend showcases a diverse profile ranging from tangerine, and freshly picked strawberries, to mild earth tones of redwood bark and black pepper. Your nose will be delighted by the harmonious union of cherry blossoms, citrus rind and raspberries.
- Appellation: Mendocino
- Vineyard: Filligreen & Lakeridge
- Varietal: Pinot Noir & Grenache
- Clone: Dijon/Pommard & Tablas Creek
- Age: Planted in 2003 & 2000
- Elevation: 400 & 800 feet
- Soil: Alluvial with gravel & clay loam
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: August 27 & 26, 2015
- Pressed: September 8, 2015
- Blend: 40% Pinot Noir + 60% Grenache
- Maceration: Wild yeast, wood vat 13 days
- Barrel aging: 8 months in neutral FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 5, 2016
- Production: 48 cases
- Release date: Summer 2016
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.