2015 Mourvèdre, The Prospector
Our nervy yet generous original Mourvedre is back after a hiatus in 2014. Get it while you can!
The Prospector vineyards are in California gold country and the wine is named for those countless men and women who searched, often without luck, for gold. Hearty, earthy, meaty, and authentic, this Mourvèdre bottling leaves one wanting more.
An intriguing aromatic profile of mushrooms, dusty earth, and an uplifting whiff of dried violets. Flavors unfold a detailed story with spiced cranberries, cassis, and just a touch of pepper and anise on the end. The texture has opposing definitions and is both tangy and dry, like black plum skin.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Lightner & Neighbors
- Varietal: Mourvedre
- Clone: Tablas Creek
- Age: Planted 2000 & 2005
- Elevation: 2900 feet/ 2800 feet
- Soil: Loam (85% Sites, 7% Josephine, Boomer, 4% Mariposa), Loam (92% Aiken, 8% Cohasset)
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: September 16, 2015
- Pressed: September 30, 2015
- Blend: 95% Mourvedre + Grenache & Syrah
- Maceration: Wild yeast, 35% whole cluster, 14 days in concrete
- Barrel aging: 9 months in neutral FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on July 28, 2016
- Production: 141 cases
- Release date: Fall 2017
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.