2014 Merlot, Blakeman Vineyard
Delicious, food friendly and our last vintage so grab it while you can!
This atypical California Merlot presents as a classic Bordeaux style Merlot with perfect dark red fruit, a hint of minerality, and just enough olive and dried herbs to satisfy Tracey’s Pyrazine desires. Dusty, earthy and herbaceous notes unfold to showcase black cherry, currants and raspberry aromas laced with orange rind. Near perfect balance between fruit, tannins, spice, and acidity.
- Appellation: Anderson Valley
- Vineyard: Blakeman
- Varietal: Merlot
- Clone: Unknown
- Age: Planted 1976
- Elevation: 950 feet
- Soil: Colluvium loam – decomposed sandstone
- Yield: 2 tons/acre
- Harvested: September 27, 2014
- Pressed: October 15, 2014
- Blend: 100% Merlot
- Maceration: Wild yeast, 40% whole cluster
- Barrel aging: 20 months in neutral FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on July 28, 2016
- Production: 122 cases
- Release date: Fall 2017
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.