2016 Grenache Noir
Light-bodied red, perfect for roasted veggies, seafood on the grill or Pizza night!
We craft our Grenache to highlight the varietal's charm and potential which means ours is a mineral driven, lighter bodied red that dances across the palette. This expressive wine loves being treated to a nice meal and in warmer climates, can be served chilled and be equally pleasing as it quenches your thirst.
A soft palate of strawberries and cream, sweet cherry and raspberry finished with a grounding hint of dusty tannins. Flavors continue to evolve on the second sip we get pomegranate, rhubarb, and thyme. The aromatics are just as playful and keep you coming back for one more sip, one more taste, one more glass….
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Girard
- Varietal: Grenache Noir
- Clone: Mostly Tablas Creek
- Age: Planted in 2000
- Elevation: 2600 feet
- Soil: Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut loam
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: August 29, 2016
- Pressed: September 6, 2016
- Blend: 100% Grenache, 12% whole cluster
- Maceration: Wild yeast, wood vat for 9 days
- Barrel aging: 8 months in neutral FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 5, 2017
- Production: 133 cases
- Release date: Fall 2017
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.