2017 Grenache Noir
Light-bodied red, perfect for roasted veggies, seafood on the grill or Pizza night!
This Grenache Noir is a blend from the Girard & Lightner vineyards planted in loamy soils of Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut in El Dorado. 2017 was a near perfect growing season with beautiful, calm weather throughout the year providing for well-balanced yields and high quality of fruit. This expressive wine loves being treated to a nice meal and in warmer climates, can be served chilled and be equally pleasing as it quenches your thirst.
A soft palate that tastes of fresh picked strawberries….really, to be specific, it’s the entire strawberry with leaves, and a touch of dirt still intact. It’s a pivot point between juicy red fruit and grippy young tannins. The aromatics are just as playful, bordering on smells of candied berries and a chamomile and citrus steeped tea.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Girard & Lightner
- Varietal: Grenache Noir
- Clone: Mostly Tablas Creek
- Age: Planted in 2000
- Elevation: 2600 feet
- Soil: Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut loam
- Yield: 3 tons/acre
- Harvested: Aug. 31 & Sept. 27, 2017
- Pressed: Sept. 11 & Oct. 10, 2017
- Blend: Mostly Grenache, 12% whole cluster
- Maceration: Wild yeast, wood vat for 9 days
- Barrel aging: 7 & 8 months in neutral FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 2, 2018
- Production: 165 cases
- Release date: Fall 2018
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.