2017 Ramato Pinot Gris
Grown at the Biodynamic Filigreen Farm in alluvial soils of gravel & clay loam. Skin ferment in concrete!
Breaking preconceived notions has long been a rewarding result with our wines. The Ramato (skin ferment) Pinot Gris from the Biodynamic Filligreen Farm is no exception. With up to five days on the skins this wine boasts a dimensionality and depth that may surprise and the attributes Tracey describes as “Funkytown” will delight those who enjoy a more adventurous palate.
Aromas of wild rose buds, nettle, dried grapefruit peel, and crushed cranberry with tantalizing flavors developing in the glass of clementine, grapefruit pith and steeped rose hips. This is a meditative wine that continues to unfold the longer you sit with it, revealing nuanced and layered flavors with texture.
- Appellation: Anderson Valley
- Vineyard: Filigreen Farm (biodynamic)
- Varietal: Pinot Gris
- Clone: Clone 4 & 152 on 5BB
- Age: Planted 2001
- Elevation: 400 feet
- Soil: Alluvial with gravel & clay loam
- Yield: 2.5 tons/acre
- Harvested: September 12, 2017
- Crushed: September 12, 2017
- Pressed: September 18, 2017
- Blend: 100% Pinot Gris
- Maceration: up to 5 days in concrete
- Fermentation: French Oak barrels
- Barrel aging: 8 months in once used FO barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 2, 2018
- Production: 381 cases
- Release date: Fall 2018
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.