2018 Isabel's Cuvée, Grenache Rosé
Our most popular and longest running wine is back but don't be fooled, it will be gone before most of the country realizes it is Spring!
Our oldest running wine, the 2018 is our 15th vintage making our Rosé from the historic Gibson Ranch in the McDowell Valley. Our block dates back to the late 1800’s and is home to the oldest planting of Grenache Gris in the United States.
Tasting Note: The nose is an exploration of strawberries, guava, and rosewater. Fresh and juicy like a homegrown clementine with the crisp, savory, and tangy profile of an underripe peach and a subtle strawberry sweetness.
- Appellation: Mendocino
- Vineyard: Gibson Ranch
- Varietal: Field blend of Grenache Gris
- Age: Planted in 1896
- Elevation: 950 ft.
- Soil: Talmage gravelly sand loam
- Harvested: Sept 5, 2018
- Pressed: Sept 5, 2018
- Maceration: A few hours
- Fermentation: Wild yeasts & bacteria in Taransaud oak vat & neutral oak barrels
- Barrel aging: 4 months
- Bottled: February 19, 2019
- Production: 396 cases of 750mL & 50 cases 1.5L Mags
- Release date: Spring 2019
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.