2018 Grenache Noir
Light-bodied red, perfect for roasted veggies, seafood on the grill, or Pizza night!
This Grenache Noir is a blend from the Girard & Lightner vineyards planted in loamy soils of Hotow, Aiken & Argonaut in El Dorado. 2018 was a near perfect growing season with beautiful, calm weather throughout the year providing for well-balanced yields and high quality of fruit. This expressive wine loves being treated to a nice meal and in warmer climates, can be served chilled and be equally pleasing as it quenches your thirst.
A wine that keeps things light and bright with the scent of rain and stewy raspberries. At first sip, you get red plum skins, ripe raspberries, and grapefruit peel. It evolves to show notes of green tea, pink peppercorns, and tongue-prickling tannins. Pair with gamey turkey and a generous helping of cranberry sauce.
- Appellation: El Dorado
- Vineyard: Girard & Fenaughty
- Varietal: Grenache Noir
- Clone: Tablas Creek
- Age: Planted in 2000
- Elevation: 2600 – 2800 feet
- Soil: Hotow, Aiken, Argonaut Loam
- Harvested: August 28 & September 6, 2018
- Pressed: September 11, 2018
- Fermentation: Wild yeast & bacteria in wood vat for 5-14 days
- Barrel aging: 7 months in neutral French oak barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 1, 2019
- Production: 184 cases
- Release date: Fall 2019
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.