2018 Sauvignon Blanc, Direct Press
We bottled a favorite from our cellar "experiments" for our Members. It is a deliciously + zippy Savvy Blanc.
Jared & Tracey have released Sauvignon Blanc from Mariah Vineyard with skin fermentation for 3 vintages. But each year, at least one barrel of direct press Sauvignon Blanc was made and loved until put into the final blend. This year, Tracey decided to share this crisp and delicious Sauvignon Blanc with her Wine Club Members.
Not yet a member?! Join NOW and grab one of the few bottles made.
Don’t mistake the flinty, lime-fresh, and just-a-dash of salty quality of this wine for that of an old world’s. Take a second sip and you’ll get those riper notes of pineapple, guava, and white pepper. If you’re really paying attention, jalapeno is just peeking around the corner. Serve up your best fish tacos with pineapple salsa, a few shakes of tajin, a squeeze of lime, and you have yourself a party.
- Appellation: Mendocino Ridge
- Vineyard: Mariah
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
- Age: Planted 2010
- Elevation: 2450 ft.
- Soil: Clay loam over sandstone bedrock
- Harvested: September 25, 2018
- Pressed: September 25, 2018
- Fermentations: Wild yeast & bacteria in neutral French oak barrels
- Barrel aging: 7 months in neutral French oak
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 1, 2019
- Production: 25 cases
- Release date: Fall 2019 *EXCLUSIVE FOR MEMBERS
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.