2018 Filigreen Farm Pinot Noir
Tracey made 47 cases exclusively for our members. Her last vintage was 2016, which Eric Asimov (New York Times) said was #2 among an impressive Anderson Valley line up!
Anderson Valley Pinot Noir can be magical. Filigreen Farm is a biodynamic land trust lovingly cared for by Chris and Steph Tebbuts. A visit to the farm is always nourishing for both the bountiful fruits available for snacking (mulberries, blueberries, apples, pears, cherries and more!) and the fascinating and stimulating conversations.
2016 was Tracey's first vintage and received rave reviews near and far. For example, Eric Asimov, in the New York Times, said, "...Our No. 2 bottle was the lively, floral 2016 Filigreen Farm from Donkey & Goat, based in Berkeley. Jared and Tracey Brandt, another husband-and-wife team, are more likely to be making blends or wines from esoteric grapes than they are Anderson Valley Pinot Noir, but this one, their first Pinot from Filigreen, is superb.
This is our 2018, offered exclusively to our members. Not yet a member?! Join NOW and grab one of the few bottles made.
Tasting Note: A deep scent of dried cranberries, wild forest berries, and juicy black cherries. Fresh and enticing like walking on damp earth between mossy redwood paths. A sturdy mid-palate of fruit leather and thyme, followed by a lengthy finish of tingly peppercorn spice. Enjoy with a pomegranate and pumpkin farro salad. Perfect for a romantic date night.
- Appellation: Anderson Valley
- Vineyard: Filigreen Farm (biodynamic)
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Clone: Pommard
- Age: Planted 200
- Elevation: 400 feet
- Soil: Alluvial with gravel & clay loam
- Harvested: September 26, 2018
- Crushed: September 27, 2018
- Pressed: October 10, 2018
- Fermentation: Wild yeast & bacteria in Italian clay - 25% whole cluster for 13 days
- Barrel aging: 7 months in mix of once used and neutral French oak barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 1, 2019
- Production: 47 cases
- Release date: Fall 2019, EXCLUSIVE FOR MEMBERS
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.