2019 Isabel's Cuvée, Grenache Rosé
Our most popular and longest running wine is back but don't delay, it will be gone before Spring ends!!
Our oldest running wine, the 2019 is our 16th vintage making our Rosé from the historic Gibson Ranch in Mendocino’s McDowell Valley. Our block dates back to the late 1800’s and is home to the oldest planting of Grenache Gris in the United States. We foot stomp and leave to soak for a few hours before pressing.
Tasting Note: Strawberries and passionfruit and tangerine! Oh my! Isabel’s is fresh and juicy like a homegrown clementine with undercurrents of white peach and rainier cherries. If kisses were a color, it might resemble a fresh bottle of Isabel’s. Pair with easy picnic sandwiches and juicy strawberries, but only with excellent company.
- Appellation: Mendocino
- Vineyard: Gibson Ranch
- Varietal: Field blend of Grenache Gris
- Age: Planted in 1896
- Elevation: 950 ft.
- Soil: Talmage gravelly sandy loam
- Harvested: Sept 4, 2019
- Pressed: Sept 4, 2019
- Maceration: A few hours
- Fermentation: Wild yeasts & bacteria in Taransaud oak vat & neutral oak barrels
- Aging: 4 months in Taransaud Cuve
- Bottled: February 12, 2020
- Production: 396 cases of 750mL & 35 cases 1.5L Mags
- Release date: Spring 2020
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.