2019 Filigreen Farm Pinot Noir
Tracey made 61 cases exclusively for our members. Eric Asimov (New York Times) said the 2016 vintage was #2 among an impressive Anderson Valley line up!
Longtime fans of Donkey & Goat know that most of our wines are made from lesser-known grapes than the ever-popular Pinot Noir. But Filigreen’s Pinot Noir is so utterly captivating that we could not pass it up.
Filigreen Farm is situated on 97 acres in Anderson Valley, Mendocino County, California. It is a Demeter-certified Biodynamic and CCOF-certified organic diversified farm whose primary products are tree fruits, blueberries, olives, wine and table grapes, and houses a production garden (flowers and vegetables), livestock, apiary and an ongoing inquiry into water revitalization. Filigreen is located on land once inhabited and managed by the Tabahtea (Tah-bah-tay) Pomo First Peoples named after Taa-Bo-Tah, or Long Valley.
This is our 2019, offered exclusively to our members. Not yet a member?! Join NOW and grab one of the few bottles made.
Tasting Note: At first sip, you may detect the liveliness of red cherries, fresh-plucked raspberries and grippy red plum skins. Despite its light-body, the wine holds serious tannins that resemble raw silk. As you savor, earthier aromatics of thyme and herb brush emerge, setting the stage for a perfect dinner of umami-rich cremini pasta or thyme rubbed pork tenderloin. This bottle is best enjoyed on a crisp Fall evening. But it can certainly be set down to develop for another five plus years if you can wait.
- Appellation: Anderson Valley
- Vineyard: Filigreen Farm (biodynamic)
- Varietal: Pinot Noir
- Clone: Pommard
- Age: Planted 200
- Elevation: 400 feet
- Soil: Alluvial with gravel & clay loam
- Harvested: September 17, 2019
- Crushed: September 27, 2019
- Pressed: September 24, 2019
- Fermentation: Wild yeast & bacteria in Italian clay - 25% whole cluster for 10 days and French oak puncheon – 30% whole cluster for 7 days
- Barrel aging: 7 months in mix of once used and neutral French oak barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on May 4, 2020
- Production: 61 cases
- Release date: Fall 2020, EXCLUSIVE FOR MEMBERS
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.