2020 Isabel's Cuvée, Grenache Rosé, Magnum
One bottle is rarely enough when it comes to our Rose so here's 2 in one big bottle!
Our oldest running wine, the 2020 is our 17th vintage making our Rosé from the historic Gibson Ranch in the McDowell Valley. Our block dates to the late 1800’s and is home to the oldest planting of Grenache Gris in the United States. This wine sells out FAST! So, stock up while you can…and don’t say we didn’t warn ya!
Tasting Note: Strawberry lemonade, honeydew, and watermelon aromatics entice! Isabel’s is fresh and juicy like a homegrown mandarin orange, yuzu, freshly picked strawberries, with undercurrents of…is that a roll of Smarties candy? But honestly, if kisses were a color, it might resemble a fresh bottle of Isabel’s. Pair with fresh pasta and a bolognaise sauce, or grilled shrimp and chorizo sausage with a cardamom marinade.
- Appellation: Mendocino
- Vineyard: Gibson Ranch
- Varietal: Field blend of Grenache Gris
- Age: Planted in 1896
- Elevation: 950 ft.
- Soil: Talmage gravelly sandy loam
- Harvested: August 25, 2020
- Pressed: August 25, 2020
- Maceration: A few hours
- Fermentation: Wild yeasts & bacteria in Taransaud oak vat & neutral oak barrels
- Aging: 4 months in Taransaud Cuve
- Bottled: February 2, 2021
- Production: 380 cases of 750mL & 13 cases 1.5L Mags
- Release date: Spring 2021
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.