2019 Sauvignon Blanc, Direct Press
We bottled a favorite from our cellar "experiments" for our Members. It is a delicious + zippy Savvy Blanc.
Our second release of 2019 Sauvignon Blanc from the Mariah Vineyard is unique in that we segregated 2 barrels of direct press (without the skin contact that has always been a part of the blend) and aged for 15 months. It is also distinctive because this will be our last vintage at Mariah.
Not yet a member?! Join NOW and grab one of the few bottles made.
Apple skin, savory green pepper, a hint of curry spice and sweet arugula entice the nose. This wine brings tangy flavors of lime and Meyer lemon to balance with a textural depth of a dried Anaheim chile and a hint of pyrazine salinity. We’re looking forward to pairing this wine with carnitas tacos, grilled spring onions, and pickled radishes.
- Appellation: Mendocino Ridge
- Vineyard: Mariah
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
- Age: Planted 2010
- Elevation: 2450 ft.
- Soil: Clay loam over sandstone bedrock
- Harvested: September 19, 2019
- Pressed: September 19 & 23, 2019
- Fermentations: Wild yeast & bacteria
- Maceration: 0 to 8 days in oak puncheons
- Barrel aging: 15 months in neutral French oak
- Bottled: Feb 2, 2021
- Production: 46 cases
- Release date: Spring 2021 *EXCLUSIVE FOR MEMBERS
Looking for older wines? We might have what you are looking for! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174 and we will do our best to help.