2020 Ramato Pinot Gris
Grown at the magnificient Biodynamic Filigreen Farm
10% case discounts apply or become a MEMBER for even better discounts and VIP treatment! If your case includes any packs, the discount will be applied after purchase.
In 2014 Tracey began working with the magical, biodynamic Filigreen Farm in the beautiful Anderson Valley. In addition, she also purchased two Nomblot concrete tanks for fermentation vats. Together her vision of making Ramato Pinot Gris came to life! Hers is a savory, textural experience boasting “funky” aroma and flavor. Less than a week on the skins after full destemming and then fermentation completes in neutral French oak barrels.
This wine is the essence of early Fall, from its sunset hue to its subtle complexity. Always textural with a strong savory vein, the palate calls to mind hibiscus tea, blood orange and strawberry rhubarb, with an herbaceous underbelly. Pairs well with wild pheasant, foraged mushrooms and Rachmaninov’s third movement of Cello Concerto in G Minor.
- Appellation: Anderson Valley
- Vineyard: Filigreen Farm (biodynamic)
- Varietal: Pinot Gris
- Clone: Clone 4 & 152 on 5BB
- Age: Planted 2001
- Elevation: 400 feet
- Soil: Alluvial with gravel & clay loam
- Harvested: September 3 & 9, 2020
- Crushed: September 4 & 6, 2020
- Pressed: September 8 & 11, 2020
- Maceration: Up to 6 days in Nomblot concrete
- Fermentation: Wild yeast & bacteria in neutral French oak barrels
- Barrel aging: 7 months in neutral French oak barrels
- Bottled: Unfiltered on April 29, 2021
- Production: 267 cases made
- Release date: Fall 2021
Seated Tastings Tuesday – Sunday 11am-5pm
Fridays we stay open until 7pm every week + BLOCK PARTIES each month for FIRST FRIDAY
WINE SHOP: Bottle purchases & pick up orders, 7 days a week 11am – 5pm
Need help deciding or looking for an older wine? No problem! Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 510-868-9174.