Prawn, Avocado, Grapefruit & Fennel Salad
Pair with Still Kraisey, Merlot
Recipe adapted from Nekter Wine Importers
We would love to spend some Summer days in the UK with our friends at Nekter Wine Importers! Instead, we did our traveling over Zoom, where Jared tasted our Ramato Pinot Gris with some UK wine lovers. They paired the Ramato with this refreshing prawn, avocado, grapefruit & fennel salad, but we think this perfect summer meal would also go well with our Still Kraisey “white” Merlot (plus, what a colorful combination). So take a trip with us, and enjoy a bottle of our magenta rosé and a bright, summery salad as your escape.
FOR THE SALAD
- 200g fresh peeled prawns (Vegetarian? This salad is just as delicious without the shrimp!)
- 1 fennel bulb thinly sliced
- 1 avocado peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 pink grapefruits peeled and segmented
- 2 handfuls lightweight greens such as pea shoots baby spinach, or watercress
- Shaved Parmegiano-Reggiano cheese
- Citrus dressing
FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon grainy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshy ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Pan fry the prawns until tender with some salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the fennel, avocado, grapefruits and greens in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with 3-4 tablespoons of the citrus dressing and season with the salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning and top with the shaved pieces of the Parmesan.
- Garnish and serve with the Prawns.
- Pair with a chilled glass of Still Kraisey and enjoy the colorful, Summery meal you’ve created!